3.31.2009

Chicken & Veggies w/ Mashed Orange Potatoes

Apparently my roommate is a rockstar chef and didn't think to mention it to me. She came up with an exquisite culinary creation on the fly last night and has given me permission to post it to 'in the kitchen' so it can live on forever. (I'm now pushing for an 'in the kitchen with sarah' but we'll see - cross your fingers.)

Ingredients:
1 yellow squash, halved and sliced
2 zucchini, halved and sliced
1 onion, cut in large pieces
2 large chicken breasts, cut in thirds

Sauce:
a cereal bowl of water
2-3 TBS olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp curry powder

Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over the chicken/veggies. Bake at 400-degrees until done, about 40 minutes.

Potatoes:
2 sweet potatoes
1-2 regular potatoes
2 carrots

Peel. Boil until soft. Mash.

Serves about 5.

1 comment:

Educational Adventures - Project Travel said...

I think you should just take credit, and I'll enjoy that it's posted forever.